Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Red Warbler

I was fortunate to go to central Mexico in February to view the over-wintering site of MILLIONS of monarch butterflies (bucket list adventure)!! Visit this link to see photos of my Mexico Monarch Adventure! While I was there I saw a red warbler that is endemic to the Mexican mountains. Not a great photo, but I was SO excited to get a glimpse of this bird!


And...  I saw a lot of doves and pigeons. ♥






I'd Rather B Birdin'
Wild Bird Wednesday
Nature Notes

8 comments:

  1. Wow .... what colour on the little red warbler .... how much fun just to even see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. .. and, I must add......I've always loved seeing your little birdie houses with the corrugated roof tops.... so cute....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you saw the Red warbler in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that you saw the Red Warbler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you Rebecca... Lovely photos and I will go look at your Monarch trip. I just read that an historic snow storm hit the wintering grounds in the past 2 days. They fear the worse but are going to assess the losses.. Very sad..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so envious of your trip to see the Monarchs overwintering in Mexico.

    And the bird photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Find your Farmers Market