Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas Tree for the Birds 2019 ♥

Every year I decorate this tree full of edible bird ornaments. Click on this link for all the DIY ornaments: A Christmas Tree for the Birds
I'm not sure who enjoys the tree the most - me or my backyard birds!


I added a new ornament to the tree this year! - It's a suet snowflake!


I purchased Silicone Snowflake Molds from Amazon - $9.99 for 2. Then I made a suet mix from:

2 cups lard
4 cups white cornmeal
1/2 cup flour

Melt it all together and spoon the mixture into the molds. Refrigerate until solid. I couldn't make a hole in the snowflake without it falling apart, but it fits perfectly in a canning jar lid.





 I invite you to follow my Facebook page to see the products available in our shop, my DIY projects and more photos of my backyard birds. 

Find your Farmers Market