Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bluebirds 2014

The Eastern Bluebird couple that had been house hunting around my property finally decided on one of the older living-roof bluebird houses that I have close to my garden. The roof's plants are still dormant and haven't started turning green yet, but I guess the couple saw the houses's potential. Mr. Bluebird and I spent a lot of the day watching the Mrs. nest building. - He's not the greatest help now, but he'll make a great dad when the little birds arrive...

11 comments:

  1. I agree, - a beautiful bird!
    Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful bird. I love this blue colors.
    Really great shot !
    Have a happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have such a beautiful bird in your own yard!!! I'm sure I wouldn't get anything done around the house...just so I could watch them all day long!!! Hope you keep us posted on the 'nesting' progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have spent a lot of time watching too. Gorgeous birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely bird - not one that I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a perfect and lucky couple to be able to have one of your bird houses Rebecca. I would love to see a blue bird in person, but I don't have them here. So nice to see you in Nature Notes...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, your living birdhouses are beautiful... i'm sure those eastern bluebirds will be happy in their new home together. have a great time watching them... have a great day~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice shots, Bluebirds are my favorite bird for watching. Check out my recent post, Bluebirds Building Nest,

    Michael
    http://michaelswoodcraft.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/bluebirds-building-nest/

    ReplyDelete

Find your Farmers Market